Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!

I cannot believe that Spencer and I have been married for 8 years. It has gone by so fast! I surprised him with a trip to Washington D.C. to celebrate. This is somewhere that we have both wanted to go to for a long time. We left Friday night on the red-eye and spent Saturday, Sunday, and half of Monday (today) getting in as much as we could see. Needless to say we are exausted!!! We had a great time, and it was nice to be able to get away from everything. We left the kids home with Grandma's and Grandpa's for the weekend. Thank you all for taking care of our kids in order for us to get away!
Spencer is a great husband, and the best dad. The kids are very lucky to have a dad that loves them and that will do anything for them. We love him and appreciate all that he does for our family!


9 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow, you guys are so lucky to go to Washington DC!! I am so jealous! Looks like you two had a blast! Yay! -Suzanne

Britney said...

Okay, this is random...but I think I know you. This is Britney and I swear it was you I worked with at Cruise and Travel? We even went to Mexico together, remember? Kami found me about a week ago through facebook, then another friend. I was clicking on her blog lists to see If I remembered anyone from HS, and came across your blog. I've been stewing about it all morning, thinking your face looked sooo familiar. Then I was reading your memories post and someone talked about your Mom, Gypsy. Well, then I knew it had to be you for sure. I hope this is right? You'll have to click back to my blog to make sure. Small world!!! Anyway, your family is adorable, we just had a little girl after two boys as well. So fun.

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Happy Anniversary you two! What a neat place to spend your Anniversary...our nations capitol!

pagefamily said...

Happy Anniversay you all! What a great surprise! And you were so close to me!!! Those trips away without the kids are AWESOME and you come back home and appreciate everything again.
Love YA

Clarke and Kamie said...

8 long years...lets see if we can both make it another 8, huh? It will be a feat! jk. Congrats on the anniversary. It's fun that ours are so close together. I love DC--I love all the history. Looks like fun!

Brandt & Kriste said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a fun time. Too bad Bush was in Japan and cancelled dinner plans with you. I still hope you enjoyed yourselves.

Bridget said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it has been 8 years either. Jared will be so jealous, but you may have given me an idea for a future surprise (Hmmm).

Kristen said...

Hey you, Happy Anniversary! Sorry we never finished our conversation the other day. I'm impressed that you went all the way to DC! Jesse's lucky that I just booked a room in Wendover for our 9 yr in a couple of weeks. Don't laugh, I'm serious. They have jacuzzi tubs next to the beds! It doesn't get anymore fun/white trash than that! I'm still trying to figure out Kriste's Bush/Japan comment.

Trace said...

I am so jealous! DC is one of my favorite places! I wish we'd had more time there. What a fun anniversary. You are so cute to surprise him.