Friday, August 29, 2008

Yep, It's Football Season!

This is the conversation that Spencer had with Easton tonight, while Easton was sleeping:

Easton -(moaning in his bed)

Spencer-Easton, what's wrong?

Easton-Dad, I'm really sad because the Chicago Bears are going to suck this year.

Spencer-Yeah, they are.

Easton-They need a new Quarterback. Maybe they will get Brett Favre.

Back to sleep Easton goes. The funny thing is that we haven't even been talking about the Bear's, or Brett Favre around here lately. Also, a disclaimer on my part, Easton should not say "Suck", but how do you correct him when he is sleeping???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOSH!!! How is he the funniest kid on the planet? What is Easton REALLY learning in Kindergarten? That is the funniest story ever!

Suzanne said...

I have never relly asked, do you like football too? I blame all language and obsessions with sports on his father. J/k! -Suzanne

Trace said...

Isn't it great what kids pick up on? What a silly boy.

Jodi said...

I have to tell you ..... the other day I was helping out in Kindergarten and had to ask the kids what they can do with their hands. Easton showed me some Karate move or something and I said "what is that?" He then showed me again, this time making a sound with his mouth. I laughed. I said "that's great Easton, now tell me in words what your hand can do." He thought for a moment, and gave me the same answer many of the kids did, "color." I said .... thinking of his dad, "how about bounce a basket ball?" He said "um, no, but I can catch and throw a football. I'm going to be a quarterback some day!" He's sooooo cute! I'm glad I get to share him!

Lamb Fam said...

That is so funny!! Easton is hilarious! I'm quite impressed by his sports knowledge. Tol just learned what a football is... jk

Clarke and Kamie said...

haha! So funny. Poor Clarke--he'll never have this conversation:)