Monday, September 29, 2008

More Birthday Fun!

Sunday night we had our families over to celebrate AnaBella's first birthday. We have a great family who is always willing to support us in all that we do-thanks for coming!

Now we all know that I will never win the "Mother of the Year" Award, but I did finally do something that resembles something that a good mother would do-I made my daughter's birthday cake. I had many people comment on the beautiful Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cake that I made for Easton's Birthday (A 9 x 13 cake with frosting and the characters from the Harmon's cake) and I thought that I needed to redeem myself a little. Hopefully my next one turns out a little bit better. Frosting is a lot harder to work with than you would think.
We opened presents. Bella was more interested in the paper than she was in opening any of the presents. She received a lot of cute clothes, we can't wait to start putting them on her-I even tried most of them on her that night.

We now know what to get Mitchell for his birthday!


Next we moved onto the singing and the cake.

Bella didn't have enough cake, she had to eat the plate as well.

This was the best part of the night for AnaBella. Who doesn't love a bath in the kitchen sink!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Way to go Mother of the Year!! That is a really cute cake! You are a better mom then me, I go to Sams Club. Happy Birthday Bella!

Stephanie said...

I can't believe that she is already one. Time goes by way to fast. Happy Birthday Bella! by the way that was a darling cake.

Anonymous said...

What a fun night! I still can't believe you made that adorable cake...and who woulda thought Mitchell liked dolls? I had no idea. I guess I can't be voted "Mother of the Year" because I don't give my son dolls to play with. Oh, and I got Bella some pumps but I guess she already got a pair so I'll have to take them back, darn it!

Jen said...

WOW . . . check out that cake! I'm not sure what your previous cake looked like, but this was is definitely worthy of the BEST mother award!! I'm impressed! Bella looks so cute!

Brandt & Kriste said...

Amber I am impressed! Love the cake. Now you know once you start this you have to do extravagant cakes for all birthdays and all kids. We don't want to show favortism! Happy birthday Bella you are darling!

Suzanne said...

What a great cake!! You did a fantastic job!! This is how clueless I am, I was like wow, she did a great job cutting out the flower shape and then a second later I remembered that you can buy cake shapes like that. Yeah, I know, I have my moments! -Suzanne

Marianne said...

She is so cute! You have the perfect little family.... I wish I could take bath's in the sink - so quick and convenient.

Clarke and Kamie said...

aww...happy birthday little cutie! can you believe a year came and went? Seems like yesterday we were waddling around at the softball tourney!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Happy Birthday Baby Bella!
Great cake Amber!

kristi and family said...

you are the MOTHER of the YEAR.. and a HOT one at that...

Kristen said...

Sorry- Lucky #7 tag, you're it. See my blog.
P.S. That cake is amazing. You're such a little susie home-maker!

Trace said...

I cannot believe she is a year old! She is darling and the cake is radical!!! I will have to start getting your advice on doing girl parties because they are foreign to me. Great job, I think you do deserve a reward.