My mom and I flew out to Charleston, WV on Saturday, Sept. 20th so that we could go up to my Aunt Lana's funeral. It was a pretty quick trip, with a lot of traveling. We arrived in West Virginia the evening of the 20th. On Sunday we spent the day at my Aunt Kitty's house. We went to church with her and my cousin Amy's family and then had dinner with all of them as well. On Monday morning we left for Altoona, PA at 7:00 A.M. and then had a five hour drive to my Uncle Donny's house. That afternoon and evening we attended two viewings for Lana. The next day we went to the funeral. Her nephew spoke and so did my Aunt Nancy. They also showed a short video of pictures from Lana's life. After the funeral we went back to my Uncle Donny's house and spent a little time there with him and my cousin Donny, and then we were back on the road again for another five hour drive back to WV. We finally got back to WV around 8:30 P.M. and then stayed up until after midnight. We had to be up by 4:00 A.M. so that we could leave by 4:30 to catch our 6:00 A.M. flight. Our flight had us home by 10:30 A.M., I was pretty exhausted after this trip!
I am so glad that I had the opportunity to make this trip. I was able to spend time with my Aunt Kitty and my cousin Amy, we had a great time spending time together. I wanted to show my love and support to my Uncle and Cousin. The best part about the trip was the stories that I learned; not only about my Aunt Lana, but about the whole Baughan family as well. They are a great family and I am lucky to be a part of it.
This is my Aunt Nancy, Uncle Tommy, Aunt Kitty,
Uncle Donny, and my Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment