My mom and I took off the day after Thanksgiving and went to Paris for a long weekend. Everyone has been asking me how it was, and let's just say I am glad to be home! It was fun, and we saw some great things, but it wasn't my favorite place to visit. The buildings are unbelievable, how they built those huge buildings without the resources that we have today is amazing. I guess I am not a cultured person, I realized that I do not have an appreciation for art. I could not spend hours in museums like some do.
The first day that we were there we headed out to Versaille. This palace is huge, and ornate. All of the gates and iron were plated in gold. When King Louis the XIV lived there he basically had a zoo in the gardens area, and there are over 1000 fountains there as well.
My mom is standing in front of Napolean's dining room, it was unbelievable!
That night we headed down to the Champs Elysees. It is one of the main streets there that was all lit up for Christmas. The lights were really pretty. We walked down the main street by all of the ridiculously expensive stores, grabbed something from a great bakery, and walked by all of these little Christmas booths they had set up.
Day 3-We started off our morning at the Conciergerie and the Sainte-Chapelle. This was very interesting here. The Conciergerie was a Royal Palace that was turned into a prison. This is the same Prison that Marie Antoinette was held in before her execution. The Sainte-Chapelle is the Chapel that is attached to the Prison. The Glass in the chapel is all done in scenes from the bible. Each section is from a different book. I can't imagine how long it took them to finish this.
This is the view that I had from my seat on the flight from Cincinnati to Denver, what a great sunset.
11 comments:
You crack me up, I love your candid view of Paris, so funny. The Eiffel tower looked beautiful. As for the first class, I am so jealous....I hope we can get some of those once the kids get older.
I had no idea you were going to Paris! What a fun trip to take with your Mom. How did Spencer do with the kids? I can't wait to hear all about it.
WOW! Amazing! I have wanted to call you to see how it went. I'm glad you're home safely. I love your white coat that your wearing in the pics. Very cute. Looks like you had a great...educating time!
Looks like fun, I bet it was cool seeing all the neat places.
I am so jealous I have always wanted to go to Paris. Marc will never go he says so we will see if I ever get the chance.
i enjoyed reading about your way cool trip.
i laughed at the part where you said you saw "picasso (barf):"
that was funny!
Wow I am jealous! I want so badley to travel more - I even tried to get on with jetblue on the side just for the benefits! Oh well. :)
I'll just live through you and your blog I guess.
Glad you had a good time.
are you kidding me? I am so freakin jealous. SOME DAY I'll make it to Europe--might not be on first class though:)
It seems like it was a fun trip. I am trying to figure out why you didn't like it... All that Art and History! Maybe you were you just home-sick?
OH my friend, you are so lucky that I did not read this until tonight. I totally would have drilled you at church. "What was the Eiffel Tower Like? or Did you yell out "I will Triumph" under the Arc de Triumph. It is my dream to go to Paris and I am in such awe that you were able to go! What a lucky girl! I simply adore Paris and one day I will make it there! -Suzanne
that looks so awesome...next time take me...
Post a Comment