Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I Should Have...

For those of you who know me, know that I am the queen of "I should have..." Whenever I go to dinner and I try to be daring and order something new, I always say I should have ordered my usual. Or if I buy a new shirt, or something for the house, by the time I get home I am always thinking, I should have bought the other thing that I was debating on. I can never make a decision, just ask Spencer, and when I do I feel like I made the wrong choice. A couple of weeks ago I called my great friend, and Beautician, Kristen, and told her that I wanted to go dark, the problem was that I had to wait a week. That week left me ample time to ask everyone around me what they thought. Most people said don't do it, stay blond. I got to Kristen's house and was very nervous about the whole thing, but said "Go for it." This is one time that I am not saying "I should have stayed blond." I really like my hair dark and may keep it for awhile. Maybe I will even be more daring to try new things, or not???

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

Amber,

Although I think you make a gorgeous blond, I LOVE the darker look too!! It is refreshing to have a change every once and a while and I think you look phenominal as a brunette. Good call, but you look fabulous either way. I vote for the dark to stay a while! -Suzanne

Lamb Fam said...

So cute! I could have never pictured you dark, you've always been so blond! I LOVE the dark, though. I think you should definitely keep it for a while!

Jen said...

I really like it on you! It's a much softer you . . . keep it . . . at least for a while!

Abes and Stace said...

You look so good!!!! I love it. I think the problem with most blondes going dark is that it ends up looking too harsh. You're friend did a great job though. I think I like it better than the blonde even!
And I totally hear you on the indecisive thing. I'm just like you on that!

Mom of three ♥ said...

I am the same way with decisions. I never can decide and then when I do I think I should have picked the other thing! Must be our same name. :) But I agree with everyone that you made a great decision on this one, I love the darker hair and think you should keep it too. It is fun to chage it up once in awhile.
Looks cute.

Amber ~

Alicia said...

I LOVE it! It looks great on you--you wear dark well. :)

Unknown said...

you look great!
don't you love that you can be either one? not very many people can say that :)
i love it!

Bridget said...

Your hair looks really cute! I didn't see the picture before I was done reading and I was expecting as dark as mine. Maybe next time.

I caught up on your cruise adventures too and it looks like you had a blast! I want your job.

Clarke and Kamie said...

pretty! I like it!
I am so boring--I go blonder in the spring/summer and darker in the fall/winter. One of these days I will have a midlife crisis and go red!

Shelf said...

I love the dark hair you look great! I went dark a couple years ago for a few months and loved it. It is fun to try something new.

kristi and family said...

i love you new look.. you look HOT!!!!