Friday, July 18, 2008

"You're Daughter Needs You"

Those are the words my husband said to me to go check on Bella in her crib. I knew she was going to be stinky, but I had no idea what a mess she was. I walk in her room and there she sits, with poop everywhere! Not just on her clothes (of course it has to be one of my favorite outfis), but all over the crib, her bumper, her comforter, in her hands, her hair, and the worst part was it was in her mouth. My cute, sweet, innocent baby is sitting in her bed eating her poop!!!
Luckily Eden was at my house and helped give her a bath. She went into the tub, clothes and all. While Eden was bathing her Spencer was getting all of her bedding into the washing maching, and I was disinfecting anything that was in the vicinity of her and her crib. We finally got her all cleaned up and Spencer had to wash her mouth out because she had poop breath. Luckily a little poop hasn't hurt anyone right? The one thing that I do wish I had was pictures of this precious moment, I'm sure I could have used it as blackmail later in life.

Thanks to BIZ all of the poop came out of her bedding and her clothes, after soaking in it all night long.

AnaBella is almost 10 months old and finally has her first tooth!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok...Steve told me this story yesterday and I'm SOOOO glad you blogged it! HILARIOUS! The poor thing! The poop breath comment about had me on the floor rolling!

Jen said...

Sweet little Bella -- so innocent and has no idea what she was playing with. Funny story!

Lamb Fam said...

Sooooo funny! Funny because it didn't happen to me. jk! Hello, poop is WAY more fun than toys. We all know that, just don't admit to it. What? It's late...

Lamb Fam said...

So what's Spencer's secret for getting rid of poop breath? I've needed a remedy a time or 2...

kristi and family said...

hey.... little ainslee did that too but she didn't stop just after one time.... lets HOPE that bella doesn't take after ainslee... it was horrible...

Kristen said...

That is so nasty! UHG- I can't think of anything worse than dealing with my kid eating poo! Jami's comments are hilarious.

Melissa said...

Holy @&*#!!! That was quit a sight. I told Boston that it would be a while before it was safe to trade binkies with Bella. He doesn't want to risk having poop remnants in his mouth! Too Funny!!!

Suzanne said...

Hilarious! I would keep the poop breath on the down low for a while. She has 2 older brothers who could torture her endlessly on that one. Definately one to tell her later in life. And don't feel too bad, I had a friend who this recently happened to, but she was smearing it on the walls and carpet trying to make pretty designs. It was not pretty, not pretty at all! ;) -Suzanne

Brandt & Kriste said...

Oh I am thinking back to the day's that I had to deal with that. Yes I said day's. Preslie did that more than once. It is disgusting. Digging crap out of fingernails it is not my favorite thing to do. I hope she has got this out of her system (well I guess she did) I mean I hope it doesn't happen again.

melissa said...

Wow! That was quite a site and smell to remember..you know what they say...once a poop eater always a poop eater..Im so glad I was there to witness such a thing! But we don't care..Bella can always come back on our row for church...I don't think you really have a choice!

Clarke and Kamie said...

crap--literally.
Kaia hasn't discovered that yet.
please say she WON'T.
hilarious!!!